The best Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe!
(Chicken stuffed with Ham and Swiss Cheese)
Recipe sourced by: tkosystems.BIZ
I will try it next. I hope You, TT, Family & Friends do enjoy it.
1. 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts;
2. 8 slices cooked ham;
3. 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into 1 inch pieces;
4. salt and pepper to taste;
5. 1 teaspoon dried thyme;
6. 1/4 cup melted butter;
7. 1/2 cup cornflakes cereal crumbs
8. 1 (10.75 ounce) can of condensed cream of chicken soup;
9. 1/2 cup sour cream;
10. 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C);
2. Place each chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet to about 1/8 inch thickness;
3. Place a finger of cheese on each ham slice and sprinkle lightly with thyme and salt and pepper to taste;
4. Roll up seasoned ham and cheese ‘jellyroll-style’, then roll each chicken breast with ham and cheese inside;
5. Tuck in ends and fasten with toothpicks;
6. Place melted butter in a small bowl and place cereal crumbs in a shallow dish or bowl;
7. Dip each chicken roll in butter or margarine, then roll in crumbs, turning to coat thoroughly;
8. Place coated rolls in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish;
9. Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for about 40 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear;
10. Serve with cordon bleu sauce, if desired.
To Make Cordon Bleu Sauce:
1. In a small saucepan mix together the soup, sour cream and lemon juice;
2. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, and serve hot over chicken rolls.
Makes about 2 cups; 8 servings of 1/4 cup each.
All done! Now take a photo, rate it, and share your accomplishments!