This WordPress.com site is for my 2013 Blog Project Management
!2014 – Telecommunications Solution Advisor OilSands AB_4.1
Job ID: 568718
Job Summary Title:Telecommunications Solution Advisor
Employer Job ID:10653
ABPosted:October 11, 2014
Employer:Shell CanadaApplyBy:December 10, 2014
Telecommunications Solution Advisor
At Shell, IT is fundamental to our success – it plays a part in almost everything we do. Our IT teams deliver world class strategic IT solutions to Shell businesses in more than 100 countries. Our IT function is a global organisation that puts the business at the centre of all it does. We have one of the largest and most complex IT operations in the world. To gain an idea of the scale involved, we have over 11,000 business applications, 150,000 desk/lap tops, 4.5 million internal emails per day, 150 data centres worldwide, 1,100 terabytes of data traffic per week and 90,000 calls to the help desk every month.
Think of Shell as a place where you can work in various IT disciplines on a range of exciting, challenging and often innovative assignments and projects. This might include working major oil and gas exploration projects, service improvements for our fuel customers and simplifying and automating our internal processes. Furthermore we will provide you with the support to develop your professionalism, skills and experience.
The Shell Canada Telecommunications Solution Advisor provides subject matter expert input with respect to the development and delivery of new Field Telecommunications infrastructure for Capital Projects and non-Capital projects. This includes telecommunication systems for the Capital project phase (Temporary Telecoms) and the solutions needed for the asset as it will be operated (Permanent Telecoms). Field Telecommunication services are deployed for remote and challenging locations.
A Day in the life of a Shell Canada Telecommunications Solution Advisor:
Provide subject matter expert input with respect to the development and delivery of new Field Telecom infrastructure for Capital Projects and non-Capital projects. This includes:Telecommunication systems for the Capital project phase (“Temporary Telecoms”)Solutions needed for the asset as it will be operated (“Permanent Telecoms”).Specify, implement and configure Field Telecom solutions following Shell and MAC (Main Automation Contractor) Supplier standardsAssess robustness of standard Field Telecom system architecture from a design, operability and maintainability perspectiveDocument the Field Telecoms architecture via network and communication drawingsSpecify the communication network required for transfer of process data to the office network and public domain taking into consideration alternatives like satellite communication, fibre optic, local communication network systems or dedicated radio communication systemsSpecify, analyze and evaluate communication systems leveraging risk evaluations to identify redundancy requirementsIntegrate engineering standards and practices into the Field Telecom design and contribute to the development and/or revision of Field Telecom standards and practicesDevelop Field Telecoms maintenance procedures that will maintain the integrity of the design (such as procedural requirements for software revisions, maintenance philosophies and contracts, spare parts)Coach and/or train personnel in the technical aspects of field telecoms systems architecture , design and maintenanceDiagnose and resolve significant complex and non-routine problems related to Field TelecommunicationsEvaluate and provide guidance / support for deployment of new Telecoms system engineering techniques and/or systems in new applicationsTranslate business requirements into technical solutions that meet business requirements.Design and Plan Telecom solutions by developing technical and functional specifications for tender input and evaluate vendor bids.Specify Acceptance Test and Acceptance Criteria to ensure supplier deliverables are in line with business requirements.Support Transition to Support activities and ensure that gaps identified have return to green plans for closureParticipate in issue escalation processes as required by the project team.Ensure that Health, Safety, Security, Environment and IRM (Infrastructure Risk Management) requirements are included in supplier contracts
We are looking for a candidate who has the following skills and experiences:
● Must be legally eligible to work in Canada;
● Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications;
● Minimum of five (5) years of technical experience in Operations or Projects;
● A high degree of technical network knowledge on traditional (IP) networks and systems as well as non-traditional telecom solutions such as Satellite, Optical / Radio links, Wireless Canopy, Radio (DMR / Tetra), Microwave , Fiber Optics, Marine and Aeronautical, Sub-marine Fiber and Access Security / CCTV;
● Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and engineering telecom systems in previous roles, including experience in managing telecom requirements (design and operational) for local site facilities like towers / power / cooling / buried and aerial cable installation;
● Experience in keeping technical oversight in Operations or Projects in previous roles ( IT project manager, telecoms discipline / design engineer, infrastructure / telecoms lead in a Capital Project in Oil and Gas is highly desirable);
● Knowledge of project delivery for Oil and Gas and their assurance processes;
● Understanding of general engineering and standards for telecom systems in Oil and Gas industry;
● Experience of Health, Safety, Security, Environment Requirements in the Oil and Gas industry related to Field Telecom deployments (preferably obtained at a Manufacturing and/or Production Plant, Field Location, Offshore);
● Telecoms Industry knowledge with extensive experience in Networks, Communications, Testing and Commissioning especially non-traditional telecoms;
● Telecoms Industry knowledge with experience in Networks, Communications, Testing and Commissioning especially non-traditional telecoms;
● Project Management certification (PMP, Prince2) is preferred;
● Ability to intermittently travel both domestically and internationally.
Copyright 1990 – 2014 InfoMine Inc. Developed and maintained by InfoMine Inc.