Liberal government still using Conservative agenda at bargaining table
When PSAC returned to the bargaining table with Treasury Board on Tuesday, we expected to hear the Liberal agenda. Instead, this government continued to push the Conservative agenda in negotiations.
“Under the Liberals, Treasury Board has had five meetings with us, and almost a year, to improve their offer to reflect Prime Minister Trudeau’s promise to show respect for the public service,” said Robyn Benson, National President of PSAC. “We are frustrated and disappointed that we did not see the movement we expected this week. We are close to the end of the road.”
Despite their commitment to “sunny ways,” the government continues to send all the wrong signals at the bargaining table, and in regard to the flawed Phoenix pay system.
This week, at the Unfair Labour Practice hearing, a government witness laid blame for the Phoenix pay system debacle on the impacted employees themselves, rather than taking responsibility.
No future bargaining dates are planned at this time and we will be preparing our next steps. PSAC remains open to negotiations, but only if the employer will make substantive changes to their offer.
“After 26 months of negotiations, we want a collective agreement,” said Benson. “But our members deserve better than what we continue to see from the Liberals.”
For more information on the issues raised at individual Treasury Board tables, visit the pages for EB, FB, PA, SV and TCbargaining
reBlogged September 16, 2016 tko
2013 PSAC © reBlogged Sept 17, 2016 tko©
”The road to success is always under construction. You have to get that through your head. It is not easy becoming successful.”
”You can be happy, or you can be right. If you want to be part of a couple and win every argument, you’re in trouble.”
@otimetot What’s grey and not there? An accountant on vacation.
2016 – Meaningful Life
1. No matter how beautiful and handsome you are Baboon and Gorillas also attract tourists .
2. No matter how big and strong you are you will not carry yourself to your Grave
3. No matter how tall you are, you never see tomorrow
4. No matter how Light Skinned you are, you will always need light in Darkness
✌Take Caution ✌
5. No matter how Rich and many Cars you have you will always Walk to bed.
Take Life Easy. Life is short.
WHAT A LIFE WE LIVE
Also Have u taken Note of the CO-INCIDENCE OF LIFE:
1. CHURCH has 6 letters so does MOSQUE.
2. BIBLE has 5 letters so does QURAN.
3. LIFE has 4 letters so does DEAD.
4. HATE has 4 letters, so does LOVE….
5. ENEMIES has 7, so does FRIENDS.
6. LYING has 5, so does TRUTH.
7. HURT has 4, so does HEAL.
8. NEGATIVE has 8, so does POSITIVE.
9. FAILURE has 7, so does SUCCESS.
10. BELOW has 5, but so does ABOVE.
11. CRY has 3 letters so does JOY.
12. ANGER has 5 so does HAPPY.
13. RIGHT has 5 so does WRONG.
14. RICH has 4 so does POOR.
15. FAIL has 4 so does PASS
16. KNOWLEDGE has 9 so does IGNORANCE.
Are they all by Co-incidence? We should Choose wisely, this
means LIFE is like a Double-Edged Sword.
If u think it is your alarm clock that woke you up this morning, try putting it beside a dead body and you will realise that it is the Grace of God that woke you up. If you are grateful to God, forward this to all your friends to inform that it is JUST BY THE GRACE OF GOD that we are alive.GOOD DAY TO YOU AND HAVE A BLISSFUL WEEK AHEAD
# kitchen tips…
1. If you happen to over-salt a pot of soup, just
drop in a peeled potato. The potato will absorb
the excess salt.
2. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep
the shells from cracking.
3. Never put citrus fruits(Oranges,Lemons, limes,
etc) or tomatoes in the fridge. The low
temperatures degrade the aroma and flavor of
these fruits.(That’s why our tomatoes don’t last
in the fridge)
4. To clean iron cookl-ware, don’t use detergents.
Just scrub them with salt and a clean, dry paper
5. When storing empty airtight containers, throw
in a pinch of salt to keep them from getting
6. If you are making gravy(stew) and accidentally
burn it, just pour it into a clean pan and continue
cooking it. Add sugar a little at a time, tasting as
you go to avoid ‘over-sugaring’it. The sugar will
cancel out the burned taste.
7. Burned a pot of rice? Just place a piece of
white bread on top of the rice for 5-10 minutes to
draw out the burned flavour. Be careful not to
scrape the burned pieces off of the bottom of the
pan when serving the rice.
8. Before you chop fresh red peppers, rub a little
vegetable oil into your hands and your skin won’t
absorb the spiciness.
9. If you aren’t sure how fresh your eggs are,
place them in about four inches of water. Eggs
that stay on the bottom are fresh. If only one end
tips up, the egg is less fresh and should be used
soon. If it floats, it’s past the fresh stage.
10. To banish ants from the kitchen, find out
where they are coming in and cover the hole with
petroleum jelly(Vaseline). Ants won’t trek through
the jelly. If they are coming under a door, draw a
line on the floor with chalk. The little bugs also
won’t cross a line of chalk.
11. Don’t store your bananas in a bunch or in a
fruit bowl with other fruits. Separate your
bananas and place each in a different location.
Bananas release gases which cause fruits
(including other bananas) to ripen quickly.
Separating them will keep them fresh longer.
12. To keep potatoes from budding in the bag,
put an apple in with them.
13. If you manage to have some leftover wine,
cocktail drinks at the end of the evening, freeze it
in ice cube trays for easy addition to sauces
(white wine works wonders in sauces, i don’t joke
with them) in the future.
14. After boiling pasta or potatoes, cool the water
and use it to water your house plants. The water
contains nutrients that your plants will love.
15. When defrosting meat from the freezer, pour
some vinegar over it. Not only does it tenderize
the meat; it will also bring down the freezing
temperature of the meat and cause it to thaw
quicker. # Noteevery woman should have vinegar
in her kitchen.
16. Do you cry while peeling off onions, then try
this. After peeling off your onions, refrigerate the
onions for atleast 5minutes, then dice it. You will
be glad you did.
17. For aluminium pans that are looking dull, just
boil some apple peels in them. This will brighten
up the aluminum and make your house smell
18. If your salt is becoming lumpy, put a few
grains of rice in with it to absorb excess
19. Always keep an aloe vera plant in your
kitchen. It’s invaluable when you scrape your arm
or burn your finger. Just break off a leaf and rub
the gel from the inside on the injury.
20. When making a soup, sauce, that ends up too
fatty or greasy, drop in an ice cube. The ice will
attract the fat, which you can then scoop out.
This works wonders
21. To reuse cooking oil without tasting whatever
was cooked in the oil previously, cook a 1/4″
piece of ginger in the oil. It will remove any
remaining flavors and odors.
22. If your milk always goes bad before you can
finish it, try adding a pinch of salt to the carton
when you first open it. It will stay fresh days
23. If two drinking glasses become stuck together
after stacking, it’s not impossible to unstick
them. Just put ice in the inner glass and dunk the
outer glass in warm water. The warm glass will
expand and the cold glass will contract, making
the glasses separate easily.
24. For splinters under the fingernail, soaking the
affected finger in a bowl of milk with a piece of
bread in it, it will help ……lobatan(st.ikepumpn)
reBlogged 160905tko @ LR:
6 Tips for a Healthy Labor Day Weekend
#1. Make smart food decisions. Rather than loading up on burgers and other high-fat meats, alternate with lots of fresh veggies, salads and fruit. Have you ever tried grilled fruits (they’re delicious!) or veggie kabobs as an alternative to meat? Give it a shot, you’ll love it.
#2. Make this Labor Day an active holiday.Start the weekend out right with a family bike ride or a hike to get everyone moving before the big BBQ. (You could even try a local 5K!)
#3. Skip the chips and dip and opt for lighter snacks. Fresh baby carrots and hummus, Greek yogurt and strawberries or even cucumber slices and tzatziki dip are excellent alternatives.
#4. Don’t forget the sunscreen! This is the perfect weekend to lather up – and more than once. (every two hours is great)
#5. Spend some time in the shade. If you’re outside all weekend long trying to catch the last rays of summer, make sure you get some time out of the sun. Give your skin a break!
#6. Stay hydrated. Between the hot sun, cocktails and lots of yummy food, it may be tough to remember to drink enough water. Bring a water bottle with you and make sure you’re drinking enough to refill throughout the day.
What are your Labor Day plans? Do you have any tips for staying healthy this Labor Day?
Special Focus on 27018: The International Cloud Privacy Standard
A Standard Cited in the New NIST National Cybersecurity Framework
New This Year: Added Training/Exam Registration Option
Check out @AHealthBlog’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/AHealthBlog/status/772040775769227264?s=09