Q & A and Knots
Q. What type of fishing rod would you recommend to someone?
A. The most versatile fishing rod is a 6.5-foot, medium-action spinning rod. You can throw little crappie jigs on it, live bait for catfish, trout spinners, or most any bass lure. If you are going to start with one fishing rod and fish for multiple species, this is the perfect one.
If you have a fishing question, you can click here to ask pro angler Tom Redington for an answer. He’ll respond to some of the questions on this website.
//——How to Tie a Palomar Knot———-
1. Push your line through the eye of your hook, then push it back to form a loop.
2. Tie a loose overhand knot.
3. Pass the loop around the end of the hook.
4. Pull on the line to tighten.
5. Trim the loose end of the line if necessary.